Take five deep breaths.
Fill a small bag with a few ice cubes and a bit of water. Put it between your eyes. This can soothe quickly because it triggers a dive reflex.
Splash cold water on your face or place ice cubes on your wrists to help calm strong emotions.
Doing a few jumping jacks, going for a walk or jogging on the spot for a few minutes can relieve anxiety, anger and agitation.
Being assertive, using statements like when you do, I feel and instead I’d like you to, can facilitate positive communication.
Where are you?
These specific questions help you reflect on your current lifestyle.
- What situations do you find stressful?
- How do you cope with stress?
- Do you find interacting with certain people stressful?
Where are you going?
These questions help you set realistic goals that move towards change.
- What would you like to change?
- Where would you like to be in
- one month?
- one year?
- What will you do
- this week?